If you are setting the mood to make it look like you are at your home while you are outside, then smart lights are excellent for multiple reasons. In case you wish to know how to control home lights with your iPhone, then follow the instructions mentioned below.
Steps for Controlling Home Lights Through iPhone and Siri
Follow the steps for controlling home lights through iPhone and Siri:
• Make sure that the home lights are paired with “Apple’s HomeKit platform.”
• After that, ensure that Siri should be enabled on the iPhone.
• Go to the “Settings” tab.
• Go down and press on the “Siri and Search” option.
• The users will get some options on their screen which are:
- They can select to get Siri to listen for the “Hey Siri” wake command, or select to enable it through clicking on the corner key which is named as “Home” key on older models of iPhone.
- Click the switches next to the options the users wish to enable and in case it indicates an olive color, then this means Siri is turned on.
• Enable the Siri and ask the Siri to “Turn on the lights.”
• In case the users are having multiple colors lights on their home, then they can command Siri to place those multiple lights to a particular color. Let’s take an example; they can command “Turn set the kitchen lights to blue.”
• For disabling the home lights, turn on the Siri and ask “Turn off the lights.”
• The users can also identify their command by asking the lights or room they wish to disable. Let’s take an example, they can ask the Siri to “Turn off the bathroom light.”
Steps for Using Siri to Turn on Smart Light Scenes
Follow the steps for using Siri to turn on smart light scenes:
• Go to the “Home” application.
• Click the “Plus” symbol.
• Press on the “Add Scene” option.
• The users will get the option for creating the recommended or smart light scene. Let’s take an example, we are using the “Arrive Home” as our pattern, then you have to click on the “Arrive Home” button.
• The smart light scene will show the entire available items which include the entire home lights. It advises enabling the entire available home lights for adjusting the brightness at 70% after you come back home.
• You can also modify this array by turning off the home lights which you do not wish to turn on.
• You have to click on the home lights which you wish to ignore and it will turned into the grey light.
• After setting the lights, you will get the home lights which are already setting up and their prearranged brightness settings.
• Click on the “Done” button for confirming the scene.
• You will get the “Arrive Home” option located on the “Favorite Scene” menu on the startup display. You have to click on it and open it.
• You have to close the “Home” application.
• Go to the “Settings” tab.
• Go down and after that, click on the “Siri and Search” option.
• Click on the “All Shortcuts” button.
• Go down till you will get the “All shortcuts” option for the “Home” application.
• After getting it, click on the “Run Arrive Home” option.
• You will get the option for recording the “Siri launch phrase” for running the smart light scene.
• Click on the “Record” symbol which is of cherry color to start recording the phrase.
• Now, you have to record the “Siri launch phrase.”
• After completing the recording procedure, click on the “Done” button.
• Open Siri and ask the “trigger phrase,”
• Immediately, you would ask “Run arrive home.”
• Siri will automatically turn on the smart light scene.
Aida Martin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.