Amazon Echo Dot helps us to listen to music, turning our home lights on and off, get the daily weather reports and guide us on which area there will be traffic. In case you have completed the setup procedure properly of your Amazon Echo Dot is, then it will start working with any problem. In case you are still having an issue, then go through the troubleshooting steps to fix Amazon Echo registration failure error.
Here’s how to fix Amazon Echo Registration Failure Error
Set up Amazon Echo Dot 1st and 2nd Generation
• Take out the Amazon Echo Dot from the box.
• You need to start downloading the Alexa application into the device in case this application is not already installed in it.
• Put the Amazon Echo Dot closer to the Wi-Fi router and connect it.
• You will notice that the Amazon Echo Dot light changes into an azure color and after that, it changes into orange color.
• Now you will listen to the ” Alexa say hello” sound coming from the Alexa.
• Go to the Settings tab located in the Alexa application and after that, choose the Wi-Fi option.
• Choose the Wi-Fi network.
• Then, choose the Connect option.
• Choose the Alexa Devices option by going to the Alexa application.
• After that, choose the Amazon Echo Dot from the menu list,
• Choose the Add Alexa Device option given in the Wi-Fi network section.
• Keep pressing on the Action key provided on the Amazon Echo Dot till the light turns into orange color.
• Choose the Wi-Fi from the drop-down list, which is showing in the Alexa application.
• After choosing the Wi-Fi, you need to type the password to get connected to the Wi-Fi network.
• Now, you need to save the entered Wi-Fi password in the Alexa application.
• Choose the Connect option to pair the Amazon Echo Dot to the selected Wi-Fi network.
Set up Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation
• You need to put the Amazon Echo Dot device out of its box.
• After that, begin the downloading process of the Alexa application into the smartphone in case you have not downloaded yet.
• Put the Amazon Echo Dot device nearby to the Wi-Fi router and start connecting it.
• The light starts rotating for a few seconds.
• After that, you will get a sound, “Alexa say hello.”
• Go to the Alexa device and go through the on-screen prompts to type the Wi-Fi details.
Here are the additional method listed below to fix Amazon Echo registration failure error
1. Reboot the Wi-Fi router and Amazon Echo Dot
You need to switch on and off the Wi-Fi router and Amazon Echo Dot to fix Amazon Echo registration failure error, most of the software problem is fixed by doing this procedure. Start the Amazon Echo Dot and Wi-Fi router again and check in case this method will solve the issue you are facing with your Amazon Echo Dot.
2. Deregister the Amazon Echo Dot
• Go to the Amazon official site from the internet browser.
• Choose the Settings tab by going to the left-hand side menu and after that, choose the Amazon Echo Dot which you wish to deregister.
• Choose the Deregister option given near the Amazon Echo Dot.
• Choose it once again to verify.
Aida Martin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.