Temporary Internet files contain browsing data and webpage data. For instance, when you visit a webpage, then the text, graphics, pictures, etc., on the page get stored in the temporary internet files. Since it is frequently seen as a privacy risk, one should keep deleting their browser’s temporary internet files. Here is how you can remove temporary internet files from your computer or smartphone.
- In the iPad or iPhone’s home screen, locate the Settings application.
- Tap on the Settings app. It is grey in color.
- Navigate the Settings menu and locate Safari.
- Tap on the Safari Option.
- Go to the end of the menu, and select the Clear History and Website Data option.
- In the confirmation page, hit the Clear History and Data button to affirm your action.
- Now, the history, cookies, and the rest of the browsing data will get erased. Browsing history will get erased from other gadgets logged in to the iCloud account.
- Click on the blue Safari icon from the Dock or menu bar.
- Now, go to the Safari tab located at the upper portion of the taskbar.
- From the drop-down list, select Preferences and click on it. You can also hit Command + Comma.
- Now you need to go to the Privacy tab. Its icon is hand-shaped.
- Now, just click on Remove All Website Data.
- In the confirmation window, click on Remove Now.
Google Chrome Desktop
- Click on the Chrome program from the desktop or Start menu to launch it.
- After that, open the menu. For that, you will need to click on the three horizontal parallel lines icon located on the right side of the address bar.
- In the pull-down list that comes, choose the History option located above Downloads.
- Now, just click on History. You can also press the Ctrl+H combination.
- In the left corner, next to the history, select Clear browsing data.
- Now, you will need to select the kind of history you want to remove.
- Select all or any from the following: browsing history, download history, cookies, and other website and plugin data, cached images and files, saved passwords, auto-fill form data, hosted application data, and media licenses.
- Now, just hit the Clear browsing data button located at the lower right side of the screen.
- After that, select the Remove all website data option next to Cookies and website Data.
- When the prompt asking if you are sure you wish to remove all data saved by websites on your system, hit the blue Remove Now button.
- Now, all the temporary file data will get removed.
Google Chrome Mobile
- Unlock your phone device and tap on the multi-colored Google Chrome app.
- Now, tap the menu icon which is represented by three vertical dots. It is located in the upper right-hand side.
- Scroll to the end of the pull-down list and click on the second last option: Settings.
- Now, in the Settings screen, select the Privacy option.
- Now, scroll down to the end of the screen, and hit the Clear Browsing Data button.
- Select the kind of browsing data you have to remove.
- After that click on the red Clear Browsing Data button.
- To confirm the action, hit the Clear Browsing Data again when the prompt appears.