Unless you have been living in a fantasy world or the dark ages where technology does not exist, you must be no stranger to tech giant Microsoft. Now, to let Microsoft’s amazing products and services sweep you off your feet, you are required to have a Microsoft account. Microsoft My Account enables people to access their Microsoft products such as Office, and log into services such as Skype, OneDrive, etc. Do you already have an account? Then sign in by going to office.com/myaccount.
What is Microsoft My Account?
Microsoft account is a platform where users can access all of their Microsoft apps. They can redeem their subscriptions, activate products, buy stuff from the Microsoft store, play games on Xbox, install Windows on their computers, and so much more. Also, the best thing is that users can set up an account without spending a single penny.
How to Create a New Microsoft Account?
Do you want to store your data on a secure Cloud platform? Use Microsoft OneDrive. For that, you will have to create an account. Here is how you can create your own Microsoft my account:
- In the web browser, make way to www.office.com/setup.
- Click on the Sign Up button located on the page.
- Now, you will have to enter an email ID in the next screen.
- Click on the Next button and then enter a password.
- Make sure that the password has at least eight characters. And it must contain lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers, and characters.
- Click on the Next button.
- Enter your name, and proceed to next.
- Verify your account by entering the passcode for authentication.
- Go through the Agreement.
- You may subscribe to Microsoft promotional mails.
- Click on the Create Now option.
How to Update the MS Account Profile?
After setting up a Microsoft my account, users may feel the need to personalize it. They can do so by furnishing information and setting a display picture. This makes the account look more genuine and appealing. If you do not know how to personalize your Microsoft account, then follow the stepwise process given here:
- Log in to your account and click on your profile.
- In the menu that appears, select Edit Profile.
- Now, in the Edit profile webpage, you can make the changes.
- If you want to change the image, then click on the default picture.
- Click on Change Picture.
- Upload the photo you want to put as your display picture.
- The image file should be less than 4 megabytes in size.
- If you wish, you can drag the file and drop it to upload the photo.
- Select which portion you wish to crop out, and adjust the image within the frame.
- Click on the Save button to apply all the changes.
Similarly, you can edit and add other personal information to your Microsoft account.
How to Access Microsoft Tools?
Are you new to Microsoft account? Did you just create one and have no idea about how to navigate it? You can access loads of stuff from within your Microsoft account. Just click on the icon beside Profile, and you can see all the available services. Some of the services are:
- Mail- It allows you to access your Hotmail or Outlook emails.
- People- It stores all the contacts and related information.
- Calendar- It stores all the schedules and memos.
- OneDrive – It allows you to store and access data on a cloud server.
How to Change the Password of Microsoft My Account?
It is evident that setting a strong password is necessary to keep any account secure. Also, changing passwords from time to time is an excellent way to protect your account. Now, apply these steps and reset your Microsoft account’s password:
- Visit Microsoft My Account webpage, or go to office.com/setup.
- Enter the login credentials and click on Sign In.
- Find the Profile icon and click on it to get more options.
- Click on Account Settings.
- Now, select the Change Password option from the page.
- Enter the old password in the first field.
- Create a new password in the next field.
- Type the same password one more time to confirm it.
- Click on the Next button.
- You have changed your Microsoft account password.