Be it a laptop running Windows 10 or a computer running MacOS X, notwithstanding which device you work on, Microsoft Office is an essential productivity suite which you must have. MS Office is a bundle of apps and services. All of the programs are useful and equipped with the latest technology. The programs which come with the MS Office 365 bundle make working simpler and boost the productivity. MS Office 365 comes in different editions. Each edition is distinct and available at varying prices. Furthermore, Office 365 is subscription-based. Hence, users do not have to purchase new apps when Microsoft rolls out their newer versions. Users can just update the apps without having to spend more money. Just avail the Office 365 subscription on office.com/setup.
Office 365 consists of several usable programs. With Word, you can easily compose essays, write letters, draft applications, etc. With Excel, you can collect the data in a more comprehensive and organized manner. You can save all the documents on the cloud platform- OneDrive. You can video chat with your Team and attend conferences remotely on Skype. Moreover, if you are working on an Office app, say you are making a presentation on PowerPoint, and if you want to ask the boss for input, then you can do that within the app. For email, you have the highly-reputed Outlook.
One the whole, MS Office 365 is a one-stop multitude or apps and services that can help you accomplish all kinds of tasks in the most efficient way possible.
Microsoft Office 365 Setup Requirements
Prior to setting up a new office suite on the system, you must meet a few requirements. They are as follows:
- If an older application or suite of MS Office is loaded on the device, then completely uninstall it. After that, delete its setup files.
- Go to the product description and ensure whether the device you are going to load MS Office 365 is compatible with it.
- Ensure that your system has enough space for MS Office 365.
- Update your operating system before installing the new product.
How to get Microsoft Office 365?
To get Microsoft Office 365, you do not have to pay a one-time fee as you did for other MS Office versions such as Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 20101, or Office 2007. You need to buy subscriptions for a specific time and then renew them at the termination of the period in order to continue using Office 365. Here is how you can purchase Office 365 setup:
- Head over to office.com/setup and then go to Buy Office option located at the upper right side of the page.
- Now, you will be given the following options to choose from:
- Office 365 Home
- Office 365 Home and Student
- Office 365 Home Premium
- Office 365 Personal
- Office 365 Business
- Office 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Business Essentials
- Select the edition you want. Each edition has distinct features so invest some time in research before buying.
- Click on the Buy Now option located under the particular Office 365 product.
- After that, go to the Checkout option if you do not have any further products to purchase from the Microsoft store.
- Now simply sign in to the Microsoft user account.
- Sign in using the username and case-sensitive password.
- For security purposes, you will have to sign in again even if you had signed in earlier.
- Simply go to Place Order, and you will be redirected to the payments page.
- Use the credit card or PayPal to make the payment.
- You will now get the Product purchase email from Microsoft.
How to download Setup for Microsoft Office 365
After getting the Office 365 setup by following the steps mentioned above, you need to download it to the device. Here is how you can do so:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account by going to www.office.com/setup.
- In your home page, you will see the list of Office products you have subscribed to or purchased.
- Select Office 365 and click on Install.
- Confirm the Office 365 setup download, by clicking again on Install when prompted.
- Now all the data related to Office 365 setup will get downloaded to the system.
How to Install Office 365 Setup on Windows
Windows PC users must follow the below mentioned process:
- In most likelihood, the Office setup file will be present in the Downloads folder. You can also check the browser’s download window to find where the file is.
- When you locate Office setup executable file, double-click on it.
- Give access to the program and allow it to make changes when prompted.
- Click on the Yes button.
- Now, Office 365 apps will start getting installed on the computer.
- You will get notified when the installation is complete. Close the window then.
How to install Microsoft Office 365 Setup on Mac
Mac system users must follow the below mentioned process:
- Move to your Dock and click on the Downloads folder. The Downloads folder is present there by default.
- Launch the downloaded file.
- You may be prompted to confirm the download on your Mac PC.
- Now, in the setup screen, click the Continue option present in the lower right-hand side.
- In the following prompt, select the Continue option.
- Click on the I agree button in the Microsoft License Terms screen.
- When prompted, click on Continue.
- Then, click on the Install option.
- You may need to enter the Mac admin password.
- After that, click the Install Software button and the Office 365 setup will start to install.
- You will be notified when the installation is over.
- In the end, click on Close.
How to activate Microsoft Office 365 Setup
To activate your Office 365 subscription, just follow these steps:
- Open any Office 365 app on the system.
- The Activation Wizard will pop up on the screen.
- Key in the 25 characters alpha-numeric product key in the blank provided.
- Click on the Activate button.